Online mediation is an effective way to resolve disputes - all from the comfort of your own home. Our online mediation services have helped hundreds of families and individuals settle their differences, with expert guidance from our team of experienced online mediators.
Traditional mediation involves face-to-face contact although, in many situations, this is neither ideal or practical. Mediation First have been offering remote mediation for a number of years, helping clients solve their differences in a way that suits them. Since the pandemic, we are conducting all MIAM meetings and mediation sessions online using videoconferencing. Get started with online mediation today.
Online mediation services
Sometimes, face-to-face mediation is just not possible or even desirable. That’s why we offer an unrivalled online mediation service, cared for by our team of accomplished and experienced mediators.
Our approach to online mediation is tried and tested. Your dedicated online mediator will guide you through the whole process, helping you feel at ease and settle your differences. It’s just one of the reasons that 87% of our clients settle disputes in just a few sessions.
Who we help
We help families, couples, businesses and individuals with a range of issues. With a team of specialist mediators trained in online mediation, we are flexible across several types of disputes. Our online mediation services cover:
- Family mediation
- Separation and divorce mediation
- Child arrangements mediation
- Finance and property mediation
- Civil and commercial mediation
- Workplace mediation
Have an issue outside these areas? Speak to our team to see how we can help.
Why choose online mediation?
Expert online mediators
At Mediation First, we have a wealth of experience in online mediation, including family, divorce, workplace, commercial, financial and other disputes. Address your conflicts with our team of specialist online mediators.
Mediation is a faster, more cost-effective way to settle disputes compared to lengthier legal routes. Mediating online can make the process even more efficient, removing the need for travel or to take lots of time off work, making complicated childcare and other logistical requirements.
Feel at ease
Mediation can be a nerve-wracking experience. With the added comfort of mediating from home, online family mediation offers a more relaxed setup for both parties. Our mediators help you feel at ease, working with you to find the best solution.
How does online mediation work?
Getting started with online mediation is really simple. Here’s how it works:
- Get in touch with us via telephone, email or via our contact form.
- We’ll arrange a one-to-one introduction meeting with one of our online mediators. We get in touch in whatever way suits you best - via Zoom, WhatsApp or FaceTime. If you have any concerns about how you’ll manage with the technology for an online meeting, we can talk you through it all so you feel reassured.
- Once everybody has agreed to mediate, we hold an online mediation session with you and the other party. Our experts help you reach an agreement and settle your differences.
Online mediation can take place with participants in the same virtual room, or in separate virtual rooms; ideal for those who don’t wish to see one another. Our online mediators can accommodate your needs to help you feel comfortable during the session. We’ll discuss different options in your one-to-one introduction meeting.
We send the meeting link via email, helping you join in just a few clicks. Our mediators ensure sessions are organised so that we can focus on the best solution for you both.
With years of remote mediation experience within our team, you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
Get started with online mediation
Move forward in life with the help of online mediation. To get started or find out more, speak to our mediation team via phone, email, or our online contact form.
Tel: 0330 320 7600
What technical equipment do I need for online mediation?
We ensure that our online mediation services are as accessible as possible. We operate using Zoom, WhatsApp and FaceTime. You don’t have to have any special technical equipment to speak to our mediators – just a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Preparing for online mediation
It is important to prepare for your online mediation session in advance. Here are some useful tips to help you prepare:
- Check that your device and internet connection are working properly prior to the meeting.
- Raise potential interruptions before the mediation session begins.
- Remain respectful of participant confidentiality. It’s important for everyone’s peace of mind that you’re somewhere private, where you can’t be overheard and won’t be interrupted.
- Make time for breaks. Our mediators will manage the time, ensuring there’s time for breaks in the meeting if required.
What happens during online mediation?
Disputes are unique to every individual, making each person’s mediation experience slightly different. Our mediators will discuss the best way to run your online sessions, taking into account what works best for you, your technical capabilities, your availability and more.